We got home yesterday after waiting almost two hours for the wheelchair to arrive. My added delay of washing and detailing the car didn't help speed things up. The doc released us at 11:25. I think we pulled out about about 3pm or so.
Being home is good. But, it's more work. I just noticed that my toilet tank is leaking. Carter is still making messes. Afton isn't too much work. She just wants to be fed every couple of hours for a half hour.
She eats a lot! She left the hospital at 6 lbs, 12 oz. yesterday. We had to take her for to weigh in and her Billy-Reuben today. She tipped the scale at 6 & 15 oz., a gain of THREE ounces in one day!!
We got decent sleep last night. But, by the time we were through with insurance mixups and doctor visits, Carter was done. I'd hoped to improve his spirits by eating outside at Checkers. That was bust. :(
Afton loves to sleep. She's opened her eyes some. But, she can't seem to stay awake for longer than five minutes or so. I'll be glad when she's more active.
Racheal is doing well, though tired and sore.
Carter is being a great big brother, though. He's disappointed when Mom can't hold him. But, he's so sweet to Afton. The below videos are kinda long for general consumption. So, I mainly post them for Kimberly & Doug and Jessi & Paul's benefit.
Thanks to Angela Johnson for supper last night! It was tasty. And it converted into good breakfast sandwiches this morning.
5 comments:
Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!
You guys have such a cute little family! Tell Racheal I said Hi and I hope she recovers soon!
congrats you guys!!!
i wish i could be there just to see you rach but to also finally meet your beautiful family!!
i love you tons honey!
way to go natural mommy btw!! :D
She's beautiful! I absolutely love the name you picked. Afton was my top choice for a girl's name when I was pregnant. If you haven't heard it you should listen to the song "Sweet Afton" by Nickelcreek. Your little girl will love it as she gets older!
Congratulations guys!!! A little girl, I can't wait to hear more about her and about handling 2 kiddos! Afton is way cool, I've never even heard it! Get feeling better soon mama, and remember we LOVE YOU!
Came across your blog though someone else's. Congrats on the new addition!!! Your kiddos are adorable!
Post a Comment