Monday, July 16, 2007

A Day With Carter

I skipped out on the second two hours of church today to go upgrade the
Monroe building computer. And Carter came to assist! He was so good.
We don't usually spend this much time alone together because he's a
Mamma's boy; besides, I'm usually working.

Before going to church, Carter got a bath. He's figured out how to pull
the plug on our tub so the water will run out. We try to tell him no.
But, he heeds "no" like his aunt Jessie treats yield signs. But, I told
him to put it back this morning. Guess what, he did! It was upside
down, so I told him to turn it over. Obediently, he turned it over and
plugged the hole. So, he pretends to not understand "no" while he does
understand "put the plug back in." Yeah, right, Carter.

I realized today that he knows how to throw a tantrum. He also enjoys
other kids. He was fascinated at the kids playing soccer after church.
He crawled in the gym and sat on the sidelines, spectating for almost an
hour. The Galbreath and Mahady boys were playing and they stopped and
played with Carter, too.

We ended up staying in Monroe for about 6 hours. :( When we called
Racheal, I put Carter on the phone. His eyes lit up, he said
"hiiiiiiii", then tried to kiss the earpiece. He got fussy and started
crying after that. So, I put him to sleep and he slept in my arms for
over an hour while I reloaded the computer.

We also got to see Zach, Jennifer and the boys, Nathan and Garrett.
They hoped Carter could run with them and play. He took a stutter step
for them. Maybe next time.

No comments: